Friday, January 30, 2009

 

On the difference between homelessness and having to sell one of your four large mansions:


Yesterday President Obama was reduced to the role of schoolmarm or country pastor when he scolded Wall Street operatives for their irresponsible bonuses.

Steve Goodman knew about it:

I saw the boss come walking down along that factory line,

Saying "We all have to tighten up our belts."
But he didn't look any thinner than he had a year ago
And I wondered just how hungry that man felt.

That's because it ain't hard to get along with somebody else's troubles;
They don't make you lose any sleep at night.
Just as long is God is out there busting somebody else's bubble,
Everything's gonna be all right.

Tell me, did you ever have to pay for something that you didn't do,
And did you ever figure out the reason why?
When the doctor says "This is gonna hurt me a lot more than it hurts you,"
Did you ever figure out that it's a lie?

He knows it ain't hard to get along with somebody else's troubles;
They don't make you lose any sleep at night.
Just as long is God is out there busting somebody else's bubble,
Everything's gonna be all right.

Still no pitchforks?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
And the story of Poor Ellen Smith was in the NYTimes on Monday!
 
Wow! I dont think I remembered that song. Is it recorded or do I have to make up my own tune?
 
I have it on my iTunes but I don't know how to insert music here. I'm working on it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?