Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

TV comment: Grey's Anatomy

O.K., here's a preview of the way my mind works. I'm not going to talk about the runaway bride because that is one particular spoiled symbol of regressive values who has gotten way more than her share of attention. I'm even less interested in the sad example who "found" a finger in her chili. While I wait for the ridiculous but entertaining and strangely compelling "Boston Legal" to come back on the air, I've been putting up with yet another good-looking-actors-working-the-hospital drama, namely "Grey's Anatomy." First of all, I'm not nearly as interested in their social lives as the writers seem to think I should be. The best workplace dramas and comedies stay with (surprise!) the workplace. Second, I fail to see why -- with all the better looking and more interesting women working in the vicinity -- almost all the men in this particular hospital are so smitten with the ordinary-looking, squeeky-voiced whiner Meredith Grey. I do give points to this and other recent "dramas" for enforcing the soap opera appearance standard on the men as well as the women. If we can't go to an entertainment world where people look normal, at least hire model types for the male as well as the female characters.

Comments:
I find that most men will always prefer the plain-ish, mousey types. Especially if they have a bunch of money left to them by thier dead surgeon mother.
 
Oops. Please forgive the spelling errors and poor grammar.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?